Starting mid-November, I lost my quilting mojo.
No desire to play with my fabric or sit at my machine. No desire to shop for fabric (gasp!) or even plan quilts in my head. I did manage to read a few quilting blogs in Reader, but I still have a lot to catch up on.
I think because our family life has been really busy (the holidays, Tessa’s baptism, lots of visiting relatives, entertaining, our trip to Florida, Jonathan traveling, sick girls), my brain just couldn’t handle any superfluous thoughts.
We are now finally getting back to our normal schedule, and I can feel my mojo coming back in full force.
I have purchased fabric (for specific projects). I even have a commissioned quilt in the works (my first!), plus a few others to do. And I’m going on another quilt retreat in February. Life is good.
So, to help organize my thoughts and to-dos, here’s the list of quilts to make:
It’s a Small World (commissioned quilt; baby/toddler quilt)
- Colors: muted blues, grays, and aquas with a splash of muted yellows
- Fabric: eclectic mix (like TAKQ)
Backing: most likely Castle Town from Castle Peeps by Lizzy House
- Design: similar to Skipping in the Shade a la DS’s Hop Skip Jump.
- Due: before April
Planely Pink (semi-commissioned quilt; baby playmat)
- Colors: lots of (mostly warm) pinks with aquas, greens, yellows and a bit of orange
- Fabric: Girl Friday by Cosmo Cricket + mix of coordinating prints
Backing: Traffic Jam by Allison Jane Smith (Windham)
- Design: airplane blocks, kind of like this (but more improv in nature):
- Due: before June
‘Round the World (baby playmat; gift)
- Colors: bright mix
- Fabric: Ta Dots by Michael Miller, Polka Line from Garden Party by Anna Maria Horner + a mix of coordinating Kona solids
Backing, Good Earth by Alexander Henry
- Design: Raw Edge Circles, using Allison‘s (Cluck Cluck Sew) tutorial
- Due: before May
Blush Squares (lap sized; gift)
- Colors: pink, dark red, brown, aqua, ivory, brown
- Fabric: Blush by basicgrey (jelly roll + charm pack + yardage for back)
- Design: Square in Square
- Due: June
Arcadian Meadow (lap sized; gift)
- Colors: Rust, Citron, Taupe, Dusty Aqua, Ivory
- Fabric: Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry, Arcadia by Sanae
- Design: Nest by Tula Pink/Moda which looks like this:
- Due: before July
And then it is my month in the two bees that I’m in.
For the Fussy Cut bee, I sent off my Nest prints by Tula Pink and asked for this Pieced Frame Fussy Cut block.
And in April, for the Sew Fun 2 bee, I’ll use my stash of Hey Sugar prints by Cosmo Cricket (plus coordinating Kona solids) and will ask for blocks in the ubiquitous Drunk Love style.
Whew, that’s a lot to think about and make. I love it!